November 1, 2016
November is the most thankful month of the year. After all, Thanksgiving reminds us of the importance of being thankful the whole month long. We would like to thank all of you for trusting us with the integral part of your health care, chiropractic.
People that are thankful tend to be happy. Happiness is an emotional feeling that is often associated with events, friends, and special times of the year. Joy is spiritual. Being joyous manifests when we are present in what we are doing and divinely on purpose.
Being present can be challenging. Unlike animals that appear to know little else than the present, we’re tempted to reminisce about the past (guilt and share) or project ourselves into the future when fear resides. Being present is required to be and do our best. When we are completely absorbed by our circumstances and our skills match the challenge we can accomplish anything that life brings along.
Being purposeful means to live with an inspired pursuit. Each one of us has one. If you have not found yours continue the search finding and living our unique calling is amongst our most important life assignments. It is the place joy resides.
When you surround yourself with joyous people your own life will not be far behind. You are all fortunate to have your chiropractor know what our purpose is and we remain inspired to help you and others.
Make a Thanksgiving commitment to be joyous every moment of every day.
In great health,
Dr. Bill Wallace
Dr. Glenn Eigenmann
Dr. Brian Wallace
Remembering The Purpose of Thanksgiving
- If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million that will not survive this week.
- If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation; you are ahead of the 500 million people worldwide.
- If you can attend a religious meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture or death, you are more blessed than 3 billion people around the world.
- If you have a refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75% of the world.
- If you have money in the bank or in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace, you are among the top 8% of the world’s wealthy.
- If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are thankful, you are blessed because the majority can but most do not.
- If you can hold someone’s hand, hug them or even touch them on the shoulder, you are blessed because you can offer God’s healing touch.
- If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing in that someone was thinking of you, and furthermore, you are more blessed than over 2 billion people in the world who cannot read at all.
As we celebrate Thanksgiving, let us remind ourselves of all we have to be grateful for such as our health, our families, our work, the freedoms we take for granted and the opportunity to make a difference in the world while we create a happy and fulfilling lifestyle for ourselves and for others.
You live among the top few percent of the entire world. Feel the power from that statement and be thankful. Instead of stressing, see how good you already have it and appreciate the unlimited potential you have to make life even better.
Choose today to be grateful when life treats you well and graceful when it doesn’t. Remember to have an attitude of gratitude and know that you are loved. Celebrate Thanks-Giving and practice Thanks-Living.
With much love, thanks and gratitude,